If you are interested in working at Lyncourt UFSD, please visit:
Online Application System for Lyncourt UFSD
In the OLAS system-search under Central Region and Lyncourt School.
The school district does not discriminate unlawfully in its employment practices or its educational programs with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, arrest or conviction, or any other protected group.
We are always looking for:
Per Diem (Daily) Substitutes
Teacher Aide and Monitor
Custodial Worker I
Send cover letter and resume to:
Mr. James Austin, Superintendent
2707 Court St.
Syracuse, NY 13208
School Business Administrator/Business Manager
The Lyncourt Union Free School District is seeking a School Business Administrator. Lyncourt is an independent public school district located in the Town of Salina in Onondaga County. Our district borders the East Syracuse-Minoa, North Syracuse, and Syracuse City School Districts. We have a Pre-Kindergarten-8th grade program that is evidence-based and rigorous, but supportive for the needs of our students and community. We are a close-knit, unique, school district. Currently, our high school students have a choice to attend either East Syracuse-Minoa Central or Solvay Union Free School District. Though small, we educate an increasingly diverse and expanding population. Unique to the Central New York area, the Lyncourt community continues to see increased enrollment. We are one of the few school districts in Onondaga County that is seeing this population expansion, along with a significant shift in the demographics of our students and families.
The School Business Administrator serves as the financial manager to the Superintendent of Schools. They are responsible for managing all phases of the financial operations including budgeting, purchasing, accounting, cash management, state aid, and other financial reporting. In addition they provide the budgeting and supervision of district wide services including transportation, operations and maintenance, computer management systems, and insurance risk programs. The School Business Administrator has an understanding of the educational vision of the school district and works with The Board Of Education and Administrative Team to realize the vision through the Strategic Plan.
The Lyncourt Union Free School District is currently looking for candidates who possess:
- Diverse backgrounds, educational interests and experiences.
- A positive attitude and passion for education driven programming.
- The ability to work effectively in a shared decision making environment.
- Strong technology and accounting skills.
- The skill to effectively communicate with school and community stakeholders
- Valid NYS Certification School District Business Leader (SDBL), School Business
Administrator (SBA), or Qualification under Civil Service for Business Manager or School Business Administrator.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs studies of financial transactions to prepare cost analysis reports for the board.
- Supervises the maintenance of grant accounts in order to make required reports to funding agencies.
- Prepares special reports on district operations at the request of the Board, Superintendent, and state/federal agencies.
- Issues budget preparation schedule to all district department heads to meet legal and school board policy requirements.
- Reviews and consolidates all budget requests and revenue sources to prepare and develop the budget documents.
- Oversees the preparation and submission of the District's State Aid Reports.
- Explains tentative budget to school board, community groups and news media to improve their understanding.
- Upon notification of an actual or potential change in resources or appropriations, evaluates the current or planned activities of the district, and on the basis of this evaluation recommends to the board or the taxpayers those particular budget cuts or supplementary budget amounts which should be considered by them.
- Explains financial budget allocations to department heads to inform them of available funds.
- Develops plans for long-term borrowings by use of capital notes and/or serial bonds including the preparation of repayment schedules, development of data for bond sale prospectus, and arranging for sale of bonds in cooperation with bond consultants.
- Provides fiscal, statistical and business management information in support of state and federal grant applications for district projects.
- Coordinates fiscal, management, and reporting functions of food service programs through the establishment of a system of controls to assure compliance with federal, state and board requirements.
- Compiles a variety of financial and operational reports on food service programs for federal and state agencies and the school board.
- Periodically audits insurance coverage against inventories, appraisals, liabilities, and replacement cost.
FULL PERFORMANCE, KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
+ Comprehensive knowledge of the techniques of monitoring expenditure of funds.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting methods and budgetary procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the techniques of solving financial problems.
- Thorough knowledge of debt and investment management.
- Good knowledge of purchasing and inventory practices.
- Good knowledge of the principles of cost analysis.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to identify and anticipate financial problems and needs.
- Ability to readily acquire familiarity with laws, regulation and policies.
- Ability to identify and set priorities.
- Ability to verbally explain and defend budgets.
- Ability to interpret financial reports.
- Skill in organizing and consolidating narrative and tabular information into a clear, logical, fiscal plan.
- Demonstrated skill in communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skill in human and public relations.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master's Degree in either:
- Business Administration and one year of business administration experience including accounting and budgeting, six months of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity, OR;
- Accounting, Business Education or Public Administration and one year of business experience in administration including accounting and budgeting, six months of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity; OR,
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor's Degree including 24 semester hours in accounting, business education or business administration and three years of business administration experience including accounting and budgeting, six months of which shall have been in a supervisory capacity; OR,
An equivalent combination of training and experience as indicated in (A) and (B).
Full time Custodial Worker II or Custodian II
Lyncourt UFSD is looking for a motivated person to join the Buildings and Grounds team. This
person would both supervise and participate in all aspects of cleaning and grounds work. This
position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Facilities I and works closely with both the
Maintenance and Custodial staff.
Working conditions would be indoors and outdoors during various weather conditions, some
adverse or extreme. Preference will be given to candidates with supervisory experience who
exhibit the ability to communicate well, supervise the work of others, and can maintain the
security of our building. Full job descriptions are available upon request. This is a 12-month position.
Benefits and Compensation: $18.70-$21.70/hour depending upon the hired title. Paid time off
for vacation, sick, family and personal days. Great health and dental coverage. NYS Retirement system.
Hours: 3:30pm to 11:30pm, Mon-Fri during school days. Hours shift to days when school is not
in session and hours may vary to assist with snow removal or to necessitate coverage.
Interested candidates should forward a resume’ and letter of interest before Thursday,
November 3, 2022 to: Lyncourt UFSD, Attn: C. Marchese, 2707 Court Street, Syracuse, NY
13208 or electronically by email to; email@example.com
IMPORTANT FINGERPRINTING INFORMATION: All prospective employees need to obtain NYS Fingerprint Clearance. As of August 3rd, 2015 this process will be handled by the Statewide Vendor Managed System - MorphoTrust. Two forms of government ID (one photo) will need to be provided at the time of your appointment with MorphoTrust. To find locations for the criminal history background check program administered by the Office of School Personnel Review and Accountability please click on this link to schedule an appointment at a location, date and time that is convenient for you. Please take note that when you are prompted to enter the ORI, enter the word TEACH.