|“I pledge to read for at least 20 minutes each day
for at least 40 days during the months of July and August.
I will mark the calendar below with a checkmark
for each day I read by myself or with a reading buddy.”
Click here to download our calendar. Once you fill it out, please return it to Mrs. Derouchie by September 19, 2014 for a special prize!
|The Lyncourt Union Free School District – along with the New York State Education Department and the New York State Library Association -- remains committed to the summer reading program. Therefore, please find the required Summer Reading Project for all students entering Grade 6-9 in September 2012.
Of course, we would love it if students read more than one book!
- Students will read ONE book during the summer.
- For students entering 9th Grade at Solvay High School, a reading list brochure will be sent home with each student. Students must choose a book from this list. Please review them carefully.
- For students entering Grades 6-8 here at Lyncourt, students may select a book of their choice, but we also have a recommended list of books for each grade level.
- We DO request that each student take notes or complete a graphic organizer for their grade level.
- Students will complete an assignment on their book during the beginning of the school year, which will be included in the first marking period grade.