If you are interested in working at Lyncourt UFSD, please visit:
Online Application System for Lyncourt UFSD
In the OLAS system-search under Central Region and Lyncourt School.
The school district does not discriminate unlawfully in its employment practices or its educational programs with regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, arrest or conviction, or any other protected group.
We are always looking for:
Per Diem (Daily) Substitutes For Fall 2020
Teacher Aide and Monitor
Custodial Worker I
Send cover letter and resume to:
Mr. James Austin, Superintendent
2707 Court St.
Syracuse, NY 13208
Position: Facilities Supervisor/Assistant Director of Facilities I or equivalent
Equivalent position may fall under the civil service category of Custodian II, Assistant Director of Facilities I or II, Director of Facilities I, Custodial Crew Leader, or Custodial Supervisor.
Effective Date: As soon as possible following posting
Job Specifications: Assist the District Administration with the following:
- Management of the operations and Maintenance Department and associated personnel.
- Participation in daily preventative maintenance and custodial activities.
- Plan, assign, direct, train, supervise and inspect work by custodial personnel.
- Maintain appropriate records for maintenance, staffing, supplies and equipment.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to the care of District facilities and equipment.
Qualifications: Must meet Onondaga County Civil Service minimum qualifications:
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and one of the following:
- An Associates Degree or higher-level degree Occupational Studies, Building Trades, Engineering or a closely related field and two years of experience in school facilities maintenance, general building construction, or building maintenance, which includes one year of supervisory experience; or
- Four years of experience in school facilities maintenance, general building construction, or building maintenance, which includes one year of supervisory experience.
- Establish and evaluate efficient and economic cleaning operations.
- Supervise and communicate well with personnel.
- Organize, prepare and maintain accurate records and files.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Plan staffing and maintenance needs including preventative and annual schedules.
- Have a working knowledge of computers and security systems.
- Have a good knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Inspect the work of building tradespersons and contractors to ensure compliance with contract specifications, applicable codes and regulations.
- Understand, interpret and follow instructions, plans, diagrams, specifications and blueprints.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit a letter of interest and resume before July 14, 2016 to:Lyncourt UFSD, Attn: C. Marchese, 2707 Court St., Syracuse, NY 13208 or email: email@example.com
Substitute School Nurse - Needed For Fall 2020
Effective Date: As soon as possible
Qualifications: Possess proper NYS Registered Nurse Certification
Fingerprint Clearance from NYS Education Dept
IMPORTANT FINGERPRINTING INFORMATION: All prospective employees need to obtain NYS Fingerprint Clearance. As of August 3rd, 2015 this process will be handled by the Statewide Vendor Managed System - MorphoTrust. Two forms of government ID (one photo) will need to be provided at the time of your appointment with MorphoTrust. To find locations for the criminal history background check program administered by the Office of School Personnel Review and Accountability please click on this link to schedule an appointment at a location, date and time that is convenient for you. Please take note that when you are prompted to enter the ORI, enter the word TEACH.