Budget Vote Information
On May 1, 2020, Governor Andrew Cuomo issued Executive Order No. 202.26 revising timelines of school board elections and budget votes.
School board elections and budget votes originally scheduled for May 19, 2020 will now take place on June 9, 2020. All qualified voters will vote only by absentee ballot. Absentee ballots will be mailed out with a postage paid return envelope.
Anyone interested in running in the Lyncourt Union Free School District school board election must self-nominate themselves by Monday, May 11, 2020 by emailing board clerk, Beth Cusick, at Beth Cusick email address. There will be no minimum threshold number of signatures required for individuals placed on the ballot, except that they must meet all other requirements including applicable residency and age.
A public notice with more information about the school board election and budget vote will appear in the Syracuse paper within the next week.
A public hearing regarding the school budget is set for Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. If you would like to "virtually" attend the Budget Hearing please email Beth Cusick for the ZOOM Meeting login information.
For more information, please contact Beth Cusick, at (315) 455-7571 ext. 7 or email@example.com.
NOTICE ON SCHOOL DISTRICT WEBSITE:
DEADLINE FOR FILING NOMINATING PETITIONS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that petitions for nominating candidates for office must be filed in the District Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. (see above for emaill adress for self nomination) on May 11, 2020. Under NYS Governor Executive Order No. 202.26, there is no minimum threshold of signatures required on a nominating petition this year. Candidates must:
Livestreaming of Budget Vote and Election Meeting Information: There will be NO AUDIO for this.
- Be able to read and write.
- Be a qualified voter of the District. A qualified voter of the District is a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Be and have been a resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- Have not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- Not reside with an other member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- Not be a current employee of the school board.
- Not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Beth Cusick is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Lyncourt UFSD School Budget Vote and Election
Time: Jun 16, 2020 05:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Link for ZOOM Meeting
Meeting ID: 814 946 4853
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,8149464853#,,,,0#,,576703# US (New York)
+13126266799,,8149464853#,,,,0#,,576703# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 814 946 4853
Find your local number: https://cnyric.zoom.us/u/aKby79tkI